Friday, March 8, 2013

2.1.2013

Hey fam!
 
How is everyone? Hope everyone's Friday is going good! Here we are again...mouth of the river!...I don't know why I just thought of that from rattlesnake rapids at lagoon but its kinda fitting right? Ash are you getting excited to leave? Only 13 more days right? I remember waiting got harder and harder I just wanted to leave! ha Hopefully you have everything ready to go because I remember I was packing the night before and one week before I left I wouldn't go shopping with mom because I wanted to go boating....ha ha wow hopefully you weren't as difficult as me. I'm sorry mom! :) 
 
Well we are still working hard here in our area El Trebol. We started contacting a new area that is really nice and we were scared we weren't going to find anyone because everyone is pretty wealthy (for El Salvador) in this area but we found an awesome family...well we haven't met them all yet- just the mom...but she was way nice and we are going to visit them tonight. We also went to visit a less active family yesterday night and also to visit the boyfriend of one of their daughters. They have a daughter that is 14 and had a baby about 2 months ago. She is living with her boyfriend who is 30 in the house with all of the rest of the less active family but he isn't a member. We met him and it was a short lesson but put a baptism date with him for the 17...we know they are going to have to get married so we are planning that for the Saturday before. Here in the mission if your investigators need to get married you make all the arrangements, get the lawyer, the cake, decorations....the whole bit and then you and your companion eat Ramen noodles for the rest of the month because you have no money after the weeding! Haha.. a little crazy but very very worth it! Really money isn't even a factor for me when we are helping them come to Christ. Please please pray for them! They need your prayers..they are the family Garcia. Will you pray for my area too if you can...pray that we can find people to teach that will be positive and receptive and want to come to Christ. Thank you all so much for your prayers and your support, it really is felt here. 
 
I love you all so much and pray for you everyday! Thanks for everything! 
 
Love,Hermana Ahrendsen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment