Sunday, March 10, 2013

2.22.13

Family and Friends hey!!

Fam how are you?? Is it still super cold in Idaho?? We get like zero news in the mission so I never know whats going on in the world....like the Pope quit and there was a massive shooting in a school back east?? what!? Crazy stuff is going on....

So I told you last week that I started taking calls...well they just decided to give all the mission to me so I am currently trying to balance taking nursing calls and knocking on doors...it's crazy but good. We are making it work...I am talking with doctors in San Salvador and trying to decide over the phone if sending a missionary to them is worth it. As the nurse you have to make TONS of judgments calls and fast because there just isn't time...but we're learning. Funny story...I was sitting at the table after we had just got home from work one night, it was like 10pm and my phone had been ringing all night and then it just rang again and I looked at my companion ...and I was like "ahhh I dont want to answer" ...and my comp goes "what if someone is dying??"....I was like ahhhh okay...ha ha so I answered and the elder goes HERMANA IM DYINGGG!!....My comp and I just started laughing... Most of the time when I'm talking to Elders they go "Hermana IM dying....i have tons of diarrhea..."  and I go what did you eat for dinner and usually the elder says well...pupusas and I say...uhh okay how many...and the elder says "13 or around there"...and I go "okay well lets start there"....ha ha sometimes they do some crazy things but what can you except from 19 year old boys...

So my comp and I are still in El Trebol. We were teaching a man named Juan Migel (I think I mentioned him in my last letter) He is sooo humble and awesome. We also teach him in his work..he works as a mechanic. All the guys there know us and always joke around with us. And whenever we teach we sit in old car seats that they ripped out of cars...its awesome. Anyways he accepted a baptismal date and we were super excited until he told us he doesn't live in our area so we had to go yesterday and tell him he will have to get baptised in a different area and attend church somewhere different and at first I felt really sad...because we have worked with him and he has made friends in the ward and come so far...and then at that same moment the spirit testified to me that it doesn't matter where he gets baptised or where he goes to church its all the church of Jesus Christ and the Lords work will move forward. He is ready to be baptised! We are so excited for him! 

Right now we are in the process of passing off all of the lessons to our district and zone leaders. Our president started a new program to help all the missionaries teach better and so with all 4 lessons we have to pass them off and we are graded on all of them. We do it alone without a compaion and if we dont cover all the points we fail and do it over until we can teach it correctly (basically exactly PMG). The whole mission is stressin big time...its nuts...I think part of the reason we are having tons of changes right now is beacuse we are going to recieve 150ish new missionaries in the next 5ish months!! Crazy huh?? and they keep sending more! We are going to open areas and they are sending more missionaries to Belize! We are being very blessed with lots of help! 

I love you all and always pray for you! Thanks for all your prayers and thinking of me! I always pray for you all too! 

Con amor,
Hermana Lynd Ahrendsen

No comments:

Post a Comment